Engineering Manager - salary banding is £55k-£65k (highly DOE)
Reporting to the Ops Director as an Engineering Manager your previous construction plant & engineering experience will enable you to oversee all technical support for all depots across the UK. There will be some travel across the network but you will be attached to head office 2-3 days a week so need to be commutable from Dronfield/South Anston areas.
You will be ensuring all are complying with Company and statutory requirements, focusing on safety, quality, cost, people, operations and delivery.
To be successful as the Engineering Manager
With a solid grounding in heavy plant, plant hire, construction hire or construction plant, you will have previous experience in a senior role and a proven track record in man-management. You will be a natural problem solver who has a solution lead, proactive approach to their work. A confident communicator with excellent analytical skills, you will have managed cross functional projects and will be able to combine strategic thinking with a hands on approach. This is an exceptional opportunity for a driven professional who is looking for a challenging role in an exciting, growing and innovative company.
Provide innovative solutions and advice on repair servicing methods, components and spare parts
Work with suppliers and manufacturers to see how performance and reliability can be improved upon
- Compare and evaluate potential new and second-hand Plant and equipment and recommend best fit for purpose
- Research new products, methods, systems and suppliers
- Provide technical assistance to managers around the recruitment of fitting staff
- Assist the HSE Manager in the completion of major accident / incident investigations where mechanical failure, workshop personnel and method statement may be a contributing factor
- Control costs and seek efficiency improvements within the business