Hire Desk Controller - up to £30,000 DOE. A new opportunity has become available for someone with industry experience to join a reputable plant and tool hire company at one of their depots near New Malden /Croydon. (There are likely to be multiple hires for a Hire Desk Controller in these areas to start early 2023 with interviews available both sides of Christmas)
Hire Desk Controller Job Role:
- As a Hire Controller, you will be dealing with customer site enquiries over the phone and emails, arranging the on and off-hire of plant machinery and small tools.
- You will successfully convert any quotes or enquiries into orders by negotiating pricing and delivery schedules to maximise business.
- This may include x hiring, rehiring and sourcing equipment such as plant, powered access, or tools from third party suppliers.
- Liaise with colleagues, other depots, and procurement teams to ensure that equipment is successfully delivered at designated dates/times.
- You will be resolving any queries or claims that arise in a professional manner, ensuring all paperwork is completed and up to date.
To Be Successful as a Hire Desk Controller
- You will have previous experience within the hire industry as a hire desk controller, hire desk advisor, rental manager, hire negotiator, hire coordinator, transport planner or hire and sales controller.
- It would be advantageous if you have previous experience within the hire industry.
- PC literate with good attention to detail. You may have used Syrinx, Insphire, or a similar CRM system
- Excellent communication skills with a clear telephone manner.
- Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks along with a confident and flexible attitude
Benefits for the Hire Desk Controller:
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Up to £30k DOE - please discuss fully as other roles will command a higher salary
- No weekends
Please note that all potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks.
To learn more @ the Hire Desk Controller role APPLY or call/email 01933 667223 / firstname.lastname@example.org