Commutable from towns such as Bridgwater & Taunton, as a Lifting Gear Engineer you will be required to carry out thorough examinations of lifting equipment and Heavy Plant in line with LOLER and PUWER regulations. You will get to work with lifting equipment, heavy plant, plant hire machinery, and other site-based equipment.
Duties of the Lifting Gear Engineer role will include:
• Carry out all repairs and inspections on a range of lifting gear including shackles, winches, hoists and gantries, mainly onsite with some workshop work too mentoring other engineers.
• You will be the customer’s first point of contact for technical support and taking the lead in this area
• As part of this role, you will be providing quotations and ensuring you are providing outstanding customer service at all times.
To be successful in the role of Lifting Gear Engineer you will have previous experience in working as a LEEA inspector, Plant Engineer, Plant Fitter, Lifting Gear engineer, LOLER inspector. You will ideally hold a LEEA qualification or an NVQ in a similar area.
Benefits of being a Lifting Gear Engineer
• £33,000 - £39,000
• Company vehicle which is fully expensed
• The training you will receive is second to none with the ability to enhance your qualifications
Please note that all potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks.