Do you enjoy working in logistics and operations and is looking to take the next step in your career? Then keep reading to see the opportunity we have for you!
Our client is looking to appoint a Regional Manager (logistics and distribution) to improve their transport usage across the South East, as well as the operations of the depot. They are an international building materials supplier.
Your role as a Regional Manager is to organise the storage and distribution of goods. You'll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
As a Regional Manager you'll need to:
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Work on new supply strategies
- Plan vehicle routes
- Use specialist knowledge, such as mechanical-handling systems, to provide consultancy services - this may be a requirement in some roles.
It is desirable for the Regional Manager to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure, often to meet tight deadlines
- Strong data & analytical skills
- Able to simplify complex situations
- A strong methodical and structured approach.
Benefits for the Regional Manager:
- £50- 60k
- Car/ Car allowance
- Hybrid working
- Career Progression
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Sounds like what you are looking for? HIT the apply button today!