This is a Training & Technical Manager appointment with a Specialist Plant equipment company. They have realistic plans to double the service, fleet and sales and the successful candidate will be an integral part to this success. You will be based within the North Midlands region, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham would be ideal, however there is some flexibility on this, due to occasion national travel with the role.
The Training & Technical Manager will support the operations and service department. You will provide direction and support for the national engineering team, workshop management and leading hands, including the after-sales, administration, Health & Safety and compliance team.
You will have previous experience of identifying and upskilling your engineers/managers in an organised manner. Providing an exceptional and high-level customer service is at the forefront of everything the company aims to achieve.
The successful Training & Technical Manager will be ambitious and driven with a positive outlook and fit in within an extremely busy and reactive environment. You will have strong project management experience as well as being an effective communicator. A background in Construction Plant, Materials Handling, Mining, Quarries or Highways would be desirable, but not essential.
Previous experience of working in the critical and safe working environment, capable of managing, coaching and recruiting engineers is essential.
Key duties will include:
- Continue building/maintaining the relationships of suppliers & manufacturers, consulting on warranties
- Provide original ideas and guidance on, innovation, components and spare parts
- Assist the Managers with providing relevant training, information, including diagnostics and advice to the staff
- Carrying out plant inspections and assessment for repair / disposal
- Work with the purchasing department to ensure all new equipment is signed off adequately
The role is predominantly North Midlands based, with occasional national travel and opportunity to occasionally work from home.
- £45-50k+ per year DOE
- Company vehicle (tax efficient)
- Bonus + corporate benefits + health care + pension
- Training and advancement opportunities
You may have worked in positions such as Engineering Manager, Service Manager, Training Manager, Technical Manager, Engineering Manager, Workshop Management or Regional Service Manager.
All potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks.