Transport Controller (Nights)
This Transport Controller role must be commutable from Farnham, Godalming and Alton.
Our client is a leading hire company who supply specialist vehicle hire equipment to the television and film production sectors. Due to continued growth within the business, this opportunity has arisen for a Transport Controller to work within a busy modern office.
You will be working within compliance, health & safety and working a 4on/4off shift pattern.
To ensure all transport movements undertaken within the region are executed in an efficient manner, in line with company policies and adhering to latest H&S regulations. You will review performance and costs, preventing accidents & investigating infringements, advisories & training gaps. Driver licence checks, DCPC & system administration.
You will need to be a well organised individual working closely alongside your team members. Having an excellent geographical knowledge of the South East is highly preferable.
Knowledge of the transport industry and legislation is essential for this role, as well as having any previous experience and qualifications. You may have been a transport manager, regional transport controller or transport coordinator.
Skills Required for the Transport Controller;
- Manage the Co-ordination of transport & drivers.
- Managing and training your team of drivers
- Organised and methodical to ensure all customer enquiries are resolved in an efficient and competent manner.
- Previous experience of co-ordinating haulage and transport legislation is essential.
Benefits for the Transport Controller;
- 28 days paid holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) increasing with each year of service
- Company Pension Scheme
Please note that all potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks.