This Logistics Controller role commutable from areas such as Kippax and Featherstone. Our hire business is open to seeing candidates who are already in a fleet / logistics or transport role and want a change / move into rental.
Salary: £21k - £26k DOE
Our client are a leading hire company who supply specialist plant hire equipment to the construction and civil sectors. Due to continued growth within the business, this opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Controller to work within a busy modern office.
You will be working within the rental sector, with health & safety foremost ensuring all of your drivers are working within WTD / drivers hours guidelines. You will also learn to raise hire contracts, search for stock and fulfil orders remotely.
You will need to be a well organised individual working closely alongside your team members and Line Manager. Having an excellent geographical knowledge is highly preferable.
You may have been a transport administrator, transport planner, transport controller or transport coordinator.
Skills Required for the Logistics Controller;
- Manage the Co-ordination of transport & drivers and rental equipment
- Working with your colleagues to organise all hires
- Organised and methodical to ensure all customer enquiries are resolved in an efficient and competent manner.
- Previous experience of co-ordinating haulage and transport legislation is essential.
- Used to being part of a team where the work is fast paced and ever changing as hire is reactive
Benefits for the Logistics Controller:
Excellent salary, car or allowance, corporate benefits scheme as standard e.g. Pension, healthcare etc and up to 33 days holiday
You can reach our consultant on 01933 667223 or via firstname.lastname@example.org