Transport Manager opportunity based near Alton - new role paying up to £34.5k DOE
This Transport Manager role will be ideal for someone who is based within the North Hampshire area. This is the perfect time to join this progressive company and become a key member of the team.
Working for a leading hire company who supply specialist vehicle hire equipment to the TV industry. You will be supporting the Transport Management Team and working closely with the Finance Team, Account Managers and Logistics Manager and other departments.
The Role of Transport Manager:
- Most of your working week will involve covering the other depots within the business.
- You will be working within compliance, health & safety is foremost ensuring all of the drivers are working within company and legal guidelines.
- Ensure all paperwork is filed accurately and keeping in line with General Data Protection Regulations and carrying out regular audits.
- Preventing accidents & investigating infringements, advisories & training gaps.
- Liaising with yard, workshop, operator and fleet management departments to ensure all the depot targets are achieved regarding transport.
- Being involved within the recruitment process for new employees.
- As the Transport Manager you will be a well organised individual working closely alongside your team members and Director.
- You will ideally hold a National CPC.
- You may have been a regional transport controller, transport coordinator, transport administrator, transport manager.
- Manage the Co-ordination of transport.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Previous experience of co-ordinating haulage and transport legislation is essential.
Benefits for the Transport Manager
- 20 Days + Bank Holidays.
- Free eye tests.
- Life assurance cover.
- Company pension scheme.
Please note that all potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks.