Transport Supervisor - Salary: £35k - £42k DOE Plus Van - you will also hold a Class 1 driving licence
This Transport Supervisor role is commutable from Bedford, Biggleswade, Great Barton and surrounding areas.This comes with a van as travel to other sites will be necessary. You will recruit HGV Drivers, assess them and train them for your home site and other regional hubs.
Our client are a leading hire company who supply specialist plant hire equipment to the construction and civil sectors. Due to continued growth within the business, this opportunity has arisen for a Transport Supervisor to work with the team onsite.
The Role of the Transport Supervisor
You will be working within compliance, health & safety foremost ensuring all of your drivers are working within WTD / drivers hours guidelines.
To ensure all transport movements undertaken within the region and nationally are executed in an efficient manner, in line with company policies and adhering to latest H&S regulations. You will review performance and costs, carry out KPI's and driver audits using telematics data, preventing accidents & investigating infringements, advisories & training gaps. Driver licence checks, DCPC & digital tachographs are updated and logged.
You will need to be a well organised individual working closely alongside your team members and Line Manager. Having excellent geographical knowledge of the UK is highly preferable.
Knowledge of the transport industry and legislation is essential for this role, as well as having any previous experience and qualifications - you will hold an international or national CPC possibly working to FORS Silver/Gold standard. You may have been a transport manager, regional transport controller or transport coordinator.
Skills Required for the Transport Supervisor;
- Manage the Co-ordination of transport & drivers potentially 25-30
- Experience of planning flat beds, abnormal loads and movements of building materials
- Managing and training your team of drivers - recruiting additional staff as the need arises. Interviewing will be a regular part of your week.
- Used to inducting staff & conducting performance reviews within probationary periods
- Organised and methodical to ensure all customer enquiries are resolved in an efficient and competent manner.
- Previous experience of co-ordinating haulage and transport legislation is essential.
- Formal management / supervisory qualifications plus LGV1 driving licence. CPC and IOSH or similar
Benefits for the Transport Supervisor:
- Excellent salary up to £42k DOE
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Chances to progress across the network of national companies
To learn more apply or reach me via 01933 667223 or email@example.com