Workshop Foreperson opportunity - based near Enfield paying up to £40k DOE. A Hands-on Workshop Foreperson is needed to join a construction plant hire company. A popular depot, one of the flagships in the region. The work is varied which will keep it interesting for you. From a small drill to a large dumper, or a floor prep machine to a telehandler you will work across it all.
- £35k - £40k salary DOE
- Various kit and manufacturers to work on. Ongoing training where necessary.
The Role of the Workshop Foreperson
A split role managing a team under the depot managers guidance whilst also being hands-on repairing plant hire/tool hire equipment such as power tools, diggers, dumpers, excavators, telehandlers etc. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the efficient running of the workshop.
Duties of the Workshop Foreperson
- Arranging delivery and collection of plant machinery from JCB, Case, Komatsu, Bomag amongst others
- Support and assist with leadership and technical advice to engineers
- Every day you will have a tool in hand fixing equipment
- Carry out risk assessments to meet health and safety guidelines
- Provide efficient cost management of spares and repairs to equipment and vehicles
- Workshop staff Management - you will bring with you several years of experience from various hire sectors where you have been a workshop manager, workshop supervisor, charge hand or fitter/foreman.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in repairing plant machinery is essential at a workshop foreperson level.
- Excellent communication skills
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 or C & G in Plant Maintenance would be preferred - time-served experience considered
- Leadership and decision making