Workshop Supervisor - Based near Caerphilly - £35k DOE with company van, mobile phone, and tablet. An unmissable opportunity to join a well-established hire company, where you will oversee a small, stable team of engineers.
£30k - £35k salary DOE
The Workshop Supervisor will be responsible for a stable team of engineers, providing support and guidance, to ensure the efficient running of the workshop. You may already be a workshop foreperson, workshop supervisor, service manager, chargehand, plant manager, or senior engineer in plant hire or heavy plant.
Duties of the Workshop Supervisor
- Support and assist with leadership and technical advice to engineers
- Oversee the availability of equipment/spares
- Liaise with colleagues to optimize efficiency and implement lean ways of working
- Carry out risk assessments to meet health and safety guidelines
- Provide efficient cost management of spares and repairs to equipment and vehicles
- Workshop staff Management
- Previous experience in repairing plant machinery is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and decision making
- Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks
- A confident and flexible attitude
- Full UK Driving license
Please note that all potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks.