This Yard Operative role is to support the Company’s needs by working closely with the Yard Manager and making sure your environment is compliant with health and safety. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working outside and is keen on progressing their career.
Responsibilities of the Yard Operative
- Clean, prepare and maintain equipment ensuring there is no damage and is in fully working order.
- Arrange, unload and sort equipment upon return.
- Ensure orders are correct with no errors before dispatching to customers.
- Keep a record of all orders and ensure it is completed correctly following return from hire.
- Keep track of stock and assess/report incoming stock accurately.
- Maintain a clean and safe yard and storage areas.
To be successful in this role, you will have previously worked in positions such as Yard Operative, Warehouse Operative, Yard Person, Workshop Operative or Yard Supervisor.
Requirements of the Yard Operative
- Happy to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Forklift Licence
- Comfortable doing manual handling.
- Comfortable using equipment to aid you in your day to day tasks such as pressure washers, hydraulic testing equipment and forklifts.
- Career Progression
- No Weekends.
Please note that all potential employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks.