Foreman role - Widnes area
This Foreman role reports directly to the Depot Manager and has the day to day responsibility of managing fitters and yard staff, motivating and mentoring them as well as monitoring quality control. You will also be responsible for delegating tasks to members of staff, being hands-on frequently when required and running the service, maintenance and repair side of the business. This would be a fantastic opportunity to become a Foreman potentially as a step up from an engineering or senior engineering role.
The role will include:
• Management of various engineers that cover plant hire, lifting, powered access and tool hire within the workshop
• Manage health & safety for the workshop, yard and staff working off-site
• Provide suggestions of how processes can be made more effective
• Being hands-on across plant hire, tool hire, generators and other kit
To be successful in the role of Foreman you may have previously worked in positions such as Workshop Supervisor, Leading Hand, Chargehand, Workshop Manager or Service Manager. You will also have experience dealing with plant equipment, heavy plant or construction equipment and have a flexible attitude at all times.
Benefits of the Foreman role
• Autonomy to run the workshop while being hands-on within the team
• Cover for the depot manager and attend training courses internally and externally
PATH is a specialist recruitment agency for the Specialist Hire Arena working within Plant or Tool Hire, Powered Access, Power Generation, Pumps, Rail, Lifting/Materials Non Mechanical Specialist related sectors.
Please Note: Not all Vacancies are advertised on our www.PlantAndToolHireJobs.com Website. If you would like to be considered for other opportunities, please visit our Candidates page where you shall see the option to Register and Upload your CV. A member of PATH Recruitment Ltd will be in touch if your Skills/Experience matches the Criteria.