Based in Chelmsford/Harlow - this is a workshop role, but there will be occasions where site visits will be required to cover breakdown repairs.
We would welcome applications from engineers who are time-served or apprentice trained who have worked within a similar role on plant equipment.
This is an exciting new role for an expanding company looking for an additional team member to service, maintain and repair their fleet of plant machinery
- Salary £25k - £30k DOE
- Company vehicle, laptop and phone
- Hours are 7am to 5pm, but flexible as long as 45hrs min per week are achieved,
- O/T paid at 1.5 after 45 hours
- Profit related bonus scheme
The Job Role of the Plant Fitter
- You will be required to work as part of an established team carrying out service and repairs in the workshop and occasionally on site with a minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role
- Carrying out routine service and maintenance on various plant machinery for example; diggers, dumpers, excavators (up to 8 tonne) telehandlers (up to 14m reach)
- You will be required to liaise with the parts department along with ensuring all the compliance paperwork is completed accurately.
- Be fully compliant with health and safety procedures within the depot and on site.
- Keep up to date with stock levels and keep the service vehicle provided clean and tidy at all times.
To Be Successful as a Plant Fitter
- You will have previous plant hire/agricultural experience working as a plant fitter, engineer, technician or mechanic.
- NVQ Level 2 in plant maintenance/mechanical engineering or equivalent would be an advantage
- Knowledge of construction plant manufacturers such as; JCB, CAT, Kubota, Hitachi, Thwaites etc.
You would be working for a national company who have a large fleet of plant machinery, currently looking to expand their established and stable team in the Essex/Hertfordshire area.
Agricultural, Construction Plant, Heavy Plant, Plant Hire, Quarrying
Alternative Job Title(s):
Diesel Fitter,Diesel Engineer,Fitter,Heavy Plant Fitter,Heavy Plant Engineer,Mechanical Engineer,Mobile Engineer,Mobile Fitter,Plant Fitter,Service Engineer,Technician
PATH is a specialist recruitment agency for the Specialist Hire Arena working within Plant or Tool Hire, Powered Access, Power Generation, Pumps, Rail, Lifting/Materials Non Mechanical Specialist related sectors.
Please Note: Not all Vacancies are advertised on our www.PlantAndToolHireJobs.com Website. If you would like to be considered for other opportunities, please visit our Candidates page where you shall see the option to Register and Upload your CV. A member of PATH Recruitment Ltd will be in touch if your Skills/Experience matches the Criteria.