Our client is one of the leading UK specialists in the hire of powered access equipment and accessories. Due to their ongoing success in today's market they are currently looking to recruit an exceptional sales orientated Area Sales Manager. Demonstrating & selling equipment hire to a range of customers both at customers sites across the Midlands and South.
The Area Sales Manager will take complete responsibility for the targeted sales activities within the region, ensuring all current business opportunities and key accounts are developed to their maximum potential. Alongside the traditional account management responsibilities you will also seek out new business opportunities as our clients seeks to be the "hire provider of choice"
You will be working closely with the Sales Management team and Sales Directors, to understand the overall potential from each individual account, maintaining effective and professional relationships with both internal and external clients. You should have a background in small tools or plant within hire or rental, candidates from an access or lifting background will also be considered.
Responsibilities of the Area Sales Manager
- Ensure key customers and accounts are serviced effectively to maximise business and sales opportunities.
- To monitor and negotiate prices to ensure the company remains competitive.
- To visit new, existing and potential customers to develop relationships leading to improved levels of business.
- Monitor stock levels, with Operations, to ensure the most efficient response to customers.
- Respond to and resolve all major customer complaints ensuring a quick and amicable resolution is achieved.
- Oversee customer queries ensuring that they are dealt with to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Monitor/Review all sales budgets and ensure that they are in line with the requirements of the business at all times.
- Continually promote a customer service orientated culture within the region
- Contribute ideas to the business development team and organisation.
Skills of the Area Sales Manager
- Communications skills - Ability to communicate and express views to all clients across multi sectors and different levels of seniority.
- A knowledge of tools, construction health and safety products or access equipment/material handling would be advantageous.
- Analytical skills – Confidence with management information analysis and problem solving.
- Good IT knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel.
- Selling skills – Excellent presentation skills on a personal, one to one and group level, negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to grow client accounts.
- Organisational skills – Planning, preparation and follow up
- Highly self-motivated and conscientious.
- Commercial awareness – A good focus and understanding of client profitability. Understanding of client procurement processes.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Midlands or South and be flexible to travel away on business.
Capital Equipment, Construction Plant, Heavy Plant, Lifting & Handling, Material Handling, Non Mechanical, Plant Hire, Tool Hire
Alternative Job Title(s):
Account Manager,Area Manager,Area Sales Manager,Key Account Manager,Sales Manager
PATH is a specialist recruitment agency for the Specialist Hire Arena working within Plant or Tool Hire, Powered Access, Power Generation, Pumps, Rail, Lifting/Materials Non Mechanical Specialist related sectors.
Please Note: Not all Vacancies are advertised on our www.PlantAndToolHireJobs.com Website. If you would like to be considered for other opportunities, please visit our Candidates page where you shall see the option to Register and Upload your CV. A member of PATH Recruitment Ltd will be in touch if your Skills/Experience matches the Criteria.